Black Titanium and Pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Zirnike

I was wondering, does anyone know where I can get black titanium european pen/pencil set?

My sister is looking for a matched pair, in black ti (she'll beat up on them because of her job). I can do a mix-and-match, but the tubes are different sizes.

The other question is, where are all the .5mm pencils? There's only one or two kit styles that seem to have that size anymore (one of the reasons I have to use a european). The .7mm pencils are way to big for decent writing. Than again, that's my inner engineer talking. I like the .5 accuracy.

Zirnike

I just saw black titanium euros at Craft Supply.

Right. Problem is the Euro Pencil is only in 10k gold, and uses an 'S' bit. (aside: Huh? What's with the weird size? It's around 11/32 (0.348 = 'S', 0.344 = 11/32*) - and some other pen or kit uses a 11/32, 'cause I have one.)

The pen comes in titanium, but has a 7mm tube.

I mean, sure, I can finagle something - in fact, I'll probably have fun doing it, but I would rather have a 'real' version - I don't have the equipment to be sure concentricity is up to my standards (my drill press... what's the technical term? Oh, yeah, sucks) (that's not fair... when I get a chance, I can make a new table that will be much more useful). Is there a non-click version of a slimline, maybe? I couldn't find one, but that doesn't prove anything.

Which brings up a point... Anyone know where to get 'spare' mechinisms for pen/pencils? I'm specifically looking for a cigar (a friend of mine broke his mechinism (I don't know how... but I have seen the inside of one, and it's kinda cool), which I found out Friday (pumpkin carving party. :) (I love parenthetical references (this isn't even my best number of coherent nests (8)))) pen internal, but I could also use it for this purpose. It would also be nice for 'kitless' pens, which I didn't think about until recently (as I didn't have a metal lathe, and I'm not a huge fan of the all wood look - didn't think of plastics (which is really weird for me... I spent 8 years working with all sorts of strange plastics))

*Yeah, I'd use the 11/32, and if necessary enlarge it a bit with the bit, or some sandpaper on a dowel, or something. Still...

Top Bottom