Black coating on Sierra barrels--durable?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan_F

I love the look of the Sierra/Wallstreet 2, but wonder how durable the black plating on the grip portion is? I like the Black/titanium gold combination, but would shy away from buying anymore if the black part doesn't wear well. Any comments? I try to get only the high wear compoonents.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

if you are worried about it. Go to Az Sil and get the Gold Ti/Black Ti combo. The Black Enamel is replace with Black Titanium plating. They also have it in Platinum/Black Ti.

WoodPenPro has Chrome/Black Ti Combo that is really sharp too and more cost friendly.

Edit: Had another thought on this. Someone on this site, I forget who, posted a pic of a Wallstreet/Sierra in the show Off your Pens forum where they took apart the nib and finial and replaced the black enamel portions with turned wood also. I'll try to find the post later. Here we go http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29762&SearchTerms=sierra,nib

Dan_F

Thanks all, I know about the black titanium kits, but like the look of the black enamel too. I new to pen making, but anticipate selling in the future. I'm curious about how other's who sell pens approach the durability issue.

Dan

Russianwolf

I tell my customers that if the plating fails, call me and I'll fix it. As long as it isn't obvious abuse.

I've sold or given out at least half a dozen Sierras and more than a dozen Cigars that have the black enamel on some parts. None have had any issues to date. Most people realize the value of the pen and do a better job of taking care of them.

Top Bottom