Black Chrome Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Has anyone used the black chrome cigar kit from Bear Tooth Woods and if so how has the plating held up??? I have a blank that I think needs black for the kit parts. I will be posting the pen and looking for feed back later. Not sure what kit looks good with it. http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_29&products_id=269

Does anyone know of anyone selling brass kits??? I think that is something the manufactorers should look at. If they perfected the copper kits why not brass???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lapdog

Woodturningz has antique brass kits in Slimline, Cigar and Saturn styles.

KenV

John - Have not used that particular Cigar -- but there is a tendency in the cigar styles to get wear at the edges where there is a black enamel coating. I have a 5 year old work cigar that has the plating intact (black ti) but the wear points are on the cap and above the nib where brass is showing as the black enamel wears. Still an attractive pen, but not "bullet proof". I have on other styles noted that black chrome wears as well as chrome. Both are very good and represent good value for the lower price point.

JimMc7

I made one from Woodcraft's version (they call it Bright Black, though and not black chrome -- both from Berea so probably the same kit). Just made it a couple weeks ago so obviously no experience with wear. Dawn's Wedding White acrylic:

Attachments

• IMG_7350.jpg
    IMG_7350.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 144

lapdog

John---The antique brass kits are definitely not PSI since PSI does not show them on their website or in their catalog. However, I do not know their origin. They look pretty good to me, but since I just used them for the first time, I do not know how well they wear.

Top Bottom