Black CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Out of curiosity, why would you want that? There may be other ways of getting the same outcome. (unless it's a secret)

dscott

i was working on some pen i had cast and the regular ca took the paint off the tube and it was showing through. SKYE any other sugestions would be good if there are some
Thanks

TBone

Originally posted by dscott
<br />i was working on some pen i had cast and the regular ca took the paint off the tube and it was showing through. SKYE any other sugestions would be good if there are some
Thanks

You could try painting the inside of the blank instead of the tube or you could tint some epoxy.

woodmarc

I have found that painting the inside of the blank to be the most effective.
This is, of course, at the most excellent suggestion of members of this group!

Beware, it is a little time consuming, and can get messy when you have a hand full of thumbs. oh and don't drop the blank in to a pile of shavings. (DAMHIKT)

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I tried the black Ca a while ago.I don;t want to "screw" a possible sale for any of our suppliers, but it is not a paint and as such it doesn't work well for coloring tubes.
The other thing I didn't like about it is was that it didn't cure to a hard surface.I believe it is adverised as "flexible" for filling dark voids it was shall we say less than a success.
I am going to guess Aussie chick intended for the CA and powder to act as a colored fillin material.
though the CA may have worked in this instance, make sure you test the reaction of the CA with whatever you are adding to it on a sample of the woods you are coloing to use.
I PC some metalic strips for a glue up in blackwood.
The instant the CA hit the combination of the two it wasIMMEDIATE bond.I never had the chance to postion the pieces.
Yes I have failures,(I guess they call it experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom