black acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlmort1980

ok, I have a request for a custom pen. The request was to make a pen that was similar to another pen that went on a desk set because he couldnt find any pens that would fit it. However, here is my problem. I need a jet black acrylic blank that is at least 5 1/2" long. Everything I have been finding is only 5" long. Anyone know of anywhere I can find this?????

I am also looking for a center band that is gold plated with a diameter of .4"

Thanks

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Thanks Dave I will check him out. Ok anyone know of where I can get a gold plated centerband thats .4" in diameter???

If you need some, I have some left over from another pour. It is jet black and has no mica but only black dye. It is made from PR and is 3/4" x 6" long. Let me know if I can help.

Fred

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just so everyone knows it: I receive my 'alternatives", including "alternative ebony" in five foot lengths. I then cut it to 5" pen blanks. However, I generally leave a couple at five feet, so I CAN cut special lengths if you need them.

The "alternatives" are NOT homemade (although Dawn does make two "flavors" of black in Polyresin). Instead they are commercially produced and I import them from Europe.

FWIW

MatthewZS

I havn't gone thru all 64 pages of their plastics in the correct size but I've found LOTS of cool stuff for my jewelry work at www.smallparts.com. Go into "Raw Materials" and then "Plastics".... Anyone wanna turn a black pen out of Noryl EN-265?

Top Bottom