Bigger than a Majestic / Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Waluy

I think that would be a hard sale though. Maybe I am wrong but I just can't see too many people paying $30+ for something that simply holds a sharpie (that is already in pen form).

08K.80

I don't think I would pay $15 for the kit, to make a fancy marker cover.
And I agree, I don't think people would buy a fancy marker cover.

walshjp17

All I can say is, remember what P.T. Barnum said (or was it David Hannum?). Make it sound exciting enough, and someone will want it.

How about making one as a gift for friend who is a sales person? Once she/he uses it, it is bound to generate questions about that fancy marker. Salesperson whips out your card and ....

Last edited:

Waluy

yeah and why buy a 100 dollar pen when you can have a 5 cent bic.
lesson here is if you make it someone will want one

Because a 100 dollar pen writes better or at least it better if you expect to sell many. But that is not an accurate comparison. This would be more like saying here buy this $30 dollar slimline when the ink runs out unscrew it and drop in another 5 cent bic.

navycop

How about making one as a gift for friend who is a sales person? Once she/he uses it, it is bound to generate questions about that fancy marker. Salesperson whips out your card and ....
I like this idea. It would make the person giving the presentation seem a little more professional looking. The maker is kind of hinden from site.

Dan Masshardt

This is perfect. I just had someone ask for something like this for signing autographs.

I would prefer if it was a little thinner and just somehow took the ink portion but I'm definitely in for a couple.

I could see people who do presentations on those easel pads using these.

OOPS

I agree with Dan. People who sign autographs use Sharpies. This would be a possibility for them. The plus of the Berea design allows you to use any color ink you wish, and change the color when it suits you.

There is another design, using the black Sharpie refill. There is a YouTube video available showing how to make that as a kitless.

YouTube video: Making a Pen to fit the Sharpie Refill - YouTube

picture of Sharpie refillable marker: Sharpie Permanent Marker - SAN1747388 | Discount Office Items

After looking at the video, I considered cutting the small threaded section out of the refillable Sharpie, and installing it into a blank. The threads are proprietary, but you can come close. I wanted to bypass the threading issue entirely, so that the refills would fit perfectly every time. I purchased the Sharpie and some refills but have not found the time to try my design. The downside to all this is that the refills come only in black. I doubt that would be a problem for most people.

Top Bottom