A BIG THANK YOU!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff3285

I would just to say thank you to everyone that has put input on my threads,,,i know I have had a lot of them,,lol but it really helps,, your input that is,, started out making pens when I got my lathe about 2 years ago and then went to turning other things,,never knew how much you can forget,,lol im kinda rusty now,,question,,when I turn the pen I have noticed that turning down to the bushing isn't always a match up to the pen parts when you assembly them,,not much off maybe a few thousands,,but I would like to get a better fit,,,can anyone help?

ghansen4

I would suggest using a calliper to measure the pen parts first, then turning the pen to match those measurements. I believe this is much easier if you get a 60 degree live center and a 60 degree dead center then turn between those centers instead of using a mandrel. This way you don't have to worry about bushings getting in your way. Though sometimes I still will start on a mandrel, with bushings, until the diameter gets close THEN switch to turning between centers.

WriteON

I'm not a TBC turner...have not tried that yet. For now I use bushings and leave slightly oversized....simply check & measure to get to where you need to be.

Top Bottom