A big shout out!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

Friday afternoon I was leaving work early for a 4 day camping trip when I was stopped by a co-worker/previous customer who is also the president of the Ohio State Social Worker Alumni Assoc.

She was wondering if I could make a pen and have it to her by this coming Friday. The pen is for a much loved professor at Ohio State who is retiring this year. He is being honored at a dinner this Friday night and again Saturday before the big football game between OSU and USC.

We had both agreed that the pen should be made out of buckeye burl (even if it is from California!). I checked every wood source I know of around me and no one had any buckeye burl in stock.

I ended up calling Jim15 in despiration and asked if he had any I could purchase off of him. Not only did he come up with three blanks, but today him and his wonderful wife drove up from Cinci to Dayton to bring them to me.

In addition to that he refused to take any money for the blanks or for even gas money for the trip up.

So I just wanted to publically thank Jim for his help in this special pen, and I only hope I can do it justice in the end.

:worship:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'd say that is an appropriate choice of wood!!

Good on Jim for the donation! He'll have a story for his trouble

Make sure we see some pics of the completed pen

Top Bottom