Is this a big deal?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bneff

Last week I ordered a few pen kits, a couple of acrylic blanks to practice on before doing a graduation gift pen and a "9 pack" of MicroMesh. When the box arrived, one of the pen tubes was flattened a little bit on one end. I think I was able to get it straightened out. I sent the company a note about the damage & they said if I couldn't get the pen assembled let them know & they would send another tube out.

Tonight I opened the micromesh and instead of 9 sheets there were 8. According to the list on the web site the 3600 grit is missing. I went through my shop to make sure I hadn't dropped it, but it wasn't there.

The website said 9 sheets & that's what the label said. Am I being a complainer?

Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

No, you are not being a "complainer".
You have every right to get what you paid for, as it was advertised.
In my opinion, a squished tube is a junk tube, and in the interest of retaining your
future business, they should have offered to send a replacement, no charge.
Write them back ,and if you are not taken care of, I would shop elsewhere in the future.
my 2 cents.

MikeMcM1956

What Johnny said, they should have offered you a new tube rather than having you try to round it out and end up with a bad pen when you're done. I would definitely tell them about the missing MM sheet. And if they 'give you any sheet' over it, take your business elsewhere. If you paid with a credit card, tell them that you'll file a complaint to reverse the charges if they don't make things right for you.

Lots of companies sell the stuff we use, it's the ones that follow through with good service that earn and keep my business....

Mike

Randy_

You are entitled to what you paid for.....and in pristine condition!!

Getting a flattened tube back to round is not easy, especially if it is one of the smaller ones. You may get it close enough so you can press in the hardware; but if it is not quite right it won't fit perfectly in the blank and you may end up with thin glue spots. And those might come apart when you are turning the blank.

Insist on a proper replacement!! :)

jttheclockman

I agree with everyone above. Not only get a new tube but I would check the kit too because it could have been damaged. No way to do business. Give them a chance to correct things though first.

GouletPens

I'm with everyone else here....it seems especially silly that they suggested you see if you can assemble the pen, THEN get a new tube.....that would mean you've already TURNED the pen with the bad tube. Basically they're saying that your time of turning a pen and using a wood/acrylic is worth less than the time for them to send out a friggin' dirt cheap tube. I would ask for a new one now, give them a chance to make it right, and shop elsewhere if they don't apologize and beg for your continued business.....there are too many suppliers out there that give better service, and these days any business should be greatly appreciated!!!!

And the MM should be complete. Skipping a grit is costing you time and will wear out your 4000 grit before all the rest.

THarvey

I agree with everyone else on the pen kit. I am surprised they did not offer to replace the kit right away.

The micromesh is usually packaged and shipped to the retailers by micromesh. I had a similar problem with a MM purchase. It my case, I was missing one, but had two of another. I emailed MicroMesh from their website. The sent the missing product, no questions or hesitations.

RichB

When I have a problem which is very seldom I get a phone number and call. Talking to someone, and not getting mad, goes a long way in the long run.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
they said if I couldn't get the pen assembled let them know & they would send another tube out.
And hopefully an additional blank to replace the one that will be trashed. They should be ashamed of their customer service. What kind of kit is it? If I have a spare tube I will send it to you.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
My "take" on this is that if you ordered a couple extra blanks to practice on, you should also have ordered a few extra brass tubes to go with them. Do that next time. Also order an extra kit. It only costs a few bucks extra, but it saves a lot of time and aggravation.

bneff

Thanks for the help & offer of a tube. In yesterday's mail was an envelope with a replacement tube and a 3600 MM sheet. I did order an extra kit which will become standard practice (along with extra tubes) from now on.

Bill

shadow man

If you have already received replacements it sounds like the vendor has handled this the way it should have been handled. Every company occasionally has a hiccup, it is how it is handled that is important. You were exactly right in bringing it to their attention. Good luck on future purchases.
George

Top Bottom