Big Ben Click Mechanism

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rhall_8

Have any of you had any issues with the click mechanism on Big Ben click pens from PSI? I like the look of the pen a lot, but I have one customer who has had the mechanism go out twice now. I have sold about a dozen, and only one customer is having issues, so it may be him. Is there a better click mechanism out there to replace it with?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I am interested in the same. In fact I would like to know if there is an alternative to the Big Ben click pen .... similar size and appearance.

I've made and sold quite a few Big Ben clicks. 2 have come back with click mechanism failures. I think one was damaged when it was dropped ("Oh, no, I didn't drop it. My husband was mistaken"). Replaced both mechanisms (the decent design allows this - not always the case). Not aware of a non-PSI replacement nor any other cigar click.

Side note - I cannibalized 2 kits to get the replacement mechanisms. Called PSI and got them back. Nice cust service.

CoastalRyan

I've sold a bunch of these. The click mechanism itself is pretty reliable.

My issue is the "click" or lack of. Its soft, uneventful and overall feels like low quality in comparison to how robust the actual pen is.

I would love to find something to replace it with. Something that feels assertive. Similar to the long click.

...so many clicks have this type of click too. That soft whimpy feel. Not sure why so many go with this.

Ryan - Interesting comment. I really like the "soft" click and I make it a sales point. My customers agree. I can see where some might prefer a more robust click but I don't define this as low quality.

magpens

I prefer the soft click. It's not wimpy. I find the long clicker click too agressive and distracting.

Quality Pen

People seem to be interested in CSUSA's cigar click from what I've seen.

They do put their brand on the clip though, which seems like a drawback to some.

rhall_8

Other than the shape of the clicker, the CSUSA cigar click looks the same as the PSI one. Is the click mechanism the same on both?

CoastalRyan

Ryan - Interesting comment. I really like the "soft" click and I make it a sales point. My customers agree. I can see where some might prefer a more robust click but I don't define this as low quality.
What do you say, specifically? I usually get the "did it work" or "is that normal" since people are accustomed to feeling and hearing the actual click.

Top Bottom