Between Centers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to believe, but I'm just now getting around to turning between centers with the bushings I bought from John Goodin [profile]johnnycnc[/profile] a year ago. One reason it took me so long is that I lost them for a while. :embarrassed: I opened the package in the kitchen and they never made it to the shop. So tonight while I was looking for something else I lost, I found them! Had some Sierra blanks ready to go, so I tried them out.

What a vast improvement that is to mandrel turning, even over turning one barrel at a time on a mandrel with a collet chuck. Give it a try if you have not already!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Hard to believe, but I'm just now getting around to turning between centers with the bushings I bought from John Goodin [profile]johnnycnc[/profile] a year ago. One reason it took me so long is that I lost them for a while. :embarrassed: I opened the package in the kitchen and they never made it to the shop. So tonight while I was looking for something else I lost, I found them! Had some Sierra blanks ready to go, so I tried them out.

What a vast improvement that is to mandrel turning, even over turning one barrel at a time on a mandrel with a collet chuck. Give it a try if you have not already!

Agreed!! And John's stuff is awesome!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Jeff, you lying dog...just the other night when we talked on the phone you told me you did not even own a lathe! Now you are going to have to prove you know how to make a pen and have the equipment by posting a pic!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeff, welcome to IAP:biggrin: If you go to the 'How -to' forum there is an explaination of how to post pics.:wink:

Texatdurango

3 days now and NOTHING, NADA, DIDDLY, SQUAT..... Interesting!

I can just hear it this morning...."No kidding honey, I need to find that camera, now think! Where did you last see it?"

jttheclockman

Wow Jeff. You opened a can of worms here and I do not think this will end till the photos come out. I think you better include an actual photo of you standing at the lathe also incase someone accusses you of plagerism too. I agree with you about the mandreless turning. It does have its place. Now for the photos please.

Texatdurango

Are we sure Jeff even exists? Maybe he is a figment of our imagination?:eek::biggrin::tongue:
That's an interesting question. I have only seen one photo of Jeff, it was a shot with a black cat on his shoulder.

But come to think of it, that could have been Curtis with a bad hair day! :eek:

Perhaps Curtis is running the whole show and just uses his imaginary friend "Jeff" when he needs to! Interesting! :)

pianomanpj

That's an interesting question. I have only seen one photo of Jeff, it was a shot with a black cat on his shoulder.

Perhaps Curtis is running the whole show and just uses his imaginary friend "Jeff" when he needs to! Interesting! :)

George, maybe that photo was Curtis working up the inspiration for that $250 blank that has garnered soooooo much attention... :eek::eek::rolleyes:

Rollerbob

Or maybe John..........to hype his bushings!! Wow, this thread is starting to scare me. And what if everybody on here is not using their real name and avatar........and all the pictures of pens are actually store bought.......and all the money sent through paypal is actually being funneled to Jeff,aka Curtis, aka John and all the mandrels in the world will be bought and destroyed, so we can only use bushing!!:eek::eek: Sorry, haven't had my meds, yet!:redface:

Texatdurango

Or maybe John..........to hype his bushings!! Wow, this thread is starting to scare me. And what if everybody on here is not using their real name and avatar........and all the pictures of pens are actually store bought.......and all the money sent through paypal is actually being funneled to Jeff,aka Curtis, aka John and all the mandrels in the world will be bought and destroyed, so we can only use bushing!!:eek::eek: Sorry, haven't had my meds, yet!:redface:
THAT has crossed my mind as well! :biggrin::biggrin: You're right, it's getting deep!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeesh:eek: Have anyone ever seen a thread like this where there have been so many replies and we haven't even had the chance to say NPGJ yet!!!!!:biggrin:

He's probably waiting till he's got about three pages of replies, then hit us with a slimline with a dodgy fit and finish:biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL, Rob you are confused:wink: I'm actually 'Jeff' and this little forum is based in Wales.:biggrin: And if you ask my wife, she will confirm that my avatar is the same as my passport photo:eek::biggrin:

Skippy,
I just realized that may not be your real face for your avatar. Ack maybe you don't exist either and you are another name for Curtis.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34836&highlight=mandrel+mandrelless

Oh Great Fearless Leader, perhaps you should do something terribly INNOVATIVE and take a poll about how many use the mandrel-less method. Could update the one that was conducted

over 18 months AGO

on YOUR SITE!!!

Good to see you have finally had time to TRY some of the things mentioned here!!! It's a REALLY GOOD site, you should read it!!!!

Fred

Hmmm. Maybe we're all Jeff and are busy talking to ourselves.:eek:

This reminds me of the barber shop that had mirrors in front of you and behind you. Many were not that well leveled with one another, BUT ever so often two of them were.

Did you ever try and count all those 1,000,000's of reflections from one back to the other and back again...! (Insert Jaws theme song here...)

Somewhere in one of those reflections is Jeff/Curtis/and all the others of us that have posted here ....

My heads spinning ..... :eek:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Well before you all pile on too deep for my lack of photos, I'll tell you that the pen(s) in question ain't done! My last jug of thin CA is about the viscosity of granite, so when Mannie comes through for me, I'll finish it and provide the evidence.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
LOL, Rob you are confused:wink: I'm actually 'Jeff' and this little forum is based in Wales.:biggrin: And if you ask my wife, she will confirm that my avatar is the same as my passport photo:eek::biggrin:

Confirmed.

Attachments

• uk-passport.jpg
    uk-passport.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 130

ngeb528

Well before you all pile on too deep for my lack of photos, I'll tell you that the pen(s) in question ain't done! My last jug of thin CA is about the viscosity of granite, so when Mannie comes through for me, I'll finish it and provide the evidence.

Yeah, sure. He's probably going out to buy a lathe and get some lessons so as not to be embarassed now that we found him out.

Top Bottom