Best way to remove glue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgelnett

What is the best method for removing dried CA glue from the inside of a brass tube? I know some will say don't let it get there to start with but it happened. I used a small round file to remove the glue but I wonder if a little is left if that would sometime make the pen out of round.. I normally rough turn with the bushings then remove the bushings to finish up. It seems to me the tubes that had some glue removed from are always a little out of round when finishing up between center.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tool-man

Reamer

I use taper pin reamers. This type of reamer has a very, very slight taper. I can get nice used ones at flea markets for $1.00 to 2.00. They come in a range of sizes. Glue a handle on them and just a easy twist will remove any glue inside the tube. Do not be too aggressive or you will enlarge the inside of your tube. :wink:

Attachments

• reamer.jpg
    reamer.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 123

plantman

I use taper pin reamers. This type of reamer has a very, very slight taper. I can get nice used ones at flea markets for $1.00 to 2.00. They come in a range of sizes. Glue a handle on them and just a easy twist will remove any glue inside the tube. Do not be too aggressive or you will enlarge the inside of your tube. :wink:

Using a tapered reamer will not only remove the glue, but will also put a small bevel on the end of your tube making it a little easier to start your fitting straight when putting your pens together. All of the above are also good answers !! Jim S

Mr Vic

C-4

Okay..if it's around the rim I use an exacto knife. If heavy in the bore I use a barrel trimmer smaller then the tube ad use the nose to scrape as I push through as opposed to turning it.

Top Bottom