Best way to glue Corian together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

reef12

Hi all.

Well received my 20 lbs of corian blanks today.

So how do I glue these together to form a larger block?

Anything at HD or Lowes or a store that sells this stuff.

Not bad but a lot of small pieces can't make no larger then a slim I would say.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey Jeff,

I use CA glue, glue the polished faces together....I spoke to a custom kitchen installer once about this, says it works well....I have made many pens that way, the seam is usually impossible to see.

Hope that works

stevers

I thought we would see you here Lee. I still have'nt made a pen with the corian yet. Maybe this weekend.
ctboy, how can I glue my fingers together without using CA? [:)]

martyb

I glue up a bit of corian for various things. Check out the checkerboard bottle stopper in my gallery.

Depending on how your corian arrives, you probably won't always be able to glue the polished side. When this happens, just be sure to sand the side you will be gluing. You'll want the side perfectly flat and as smooth as possible.

When gluing, you can use medium or thin. Medium spread before clamping. But you can glamp and then drizzle the joint with thin and it will wick into the joint. Thin with the wicking action will get you the best looking joint. Just be sure to spray it with accelerator before you handle it. There WILL be some CA on the surface that hasn't setup yet. And the skin you leave behind on the corian will be sorely missed. [:D]

Beyond that, sharp tools. Corian for me turns somewhere between acrylic and Tru-stone. A good balance between hardness without the brittleness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom