Best way to align grain on twist pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Alignment

I always align the pen with the refill extended that is how I photograph them and that is how I display . Using my method of taking pics it gives the pen height. ie 45 degrees.

Peter. giving ready to test write. Works for me. First thing people do is extend on handling.

DougMPhoto

Penpal, seems you down-under folks have a differing opinion from those in the Northern Hemisphere.
Maybe I'll just paint them all orange and not worry about it :bananen_smilies039:

PenPal

Doug

The view down here is the same across there even when the pen is painted. Perhaps I am the exception only for a few respondents who replied. So many times I photographed my pens 15 yrs ago something was not balanced, bit like my rifle with a fixed bayonet I could not see the point when it was buried in the stuffed bag.

One time I saw 50 replies to this question so I decided my way. The balance over the years is what pleases you.

Military training over here for me was learn the basics then in leadership exercise judgement.
I found it exciting travelling in the United States and other countries, driving here for example is on the left hand side of the road so I have always had another view of the highway. In 1970 I bought a Chrysler Newport from the Defence Attache at the American Embassy here in Canberra terrified my wife sitting in the RHS near the centre of the road. Different points of view some are right by law. You say Tomaatoes I say Tomartoes same words from the English language. There is no right only accepted practice.

By the way would love to see your painted pens could cause quite a stir. As a boy a sweet young lady wrote this in my Autograph Book Love many trust few but always paddle your own canoe. Right of passage for Aussies.

Over the years I have had many legal friends who prefaced most remarks with respect so with respect I trust you enjoy the journey in pens, not having legal training I say have fun.

Regards Peter.

Last edited:

Mark

I just re-aligned my daily use pens, to line up when in use. No one see's it when it's in my pocket. They only see it when I use it, so I fixed it to look "pretty" when they will most likely notice it. Plus, it's open when I hand it to them to look at and or try.

I did not do it to all my pens, just the one's I use day in and day out.
I've gotten a lot of compliments on the pens.

Top Bottom