Best Slimline Gold Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RDH79

I have had a couple slimlines that the gold finish has worn off in less than a year. One is my wifes first pen I made her. She does use it everyday. But the question is with all the different companies and there different gold platings,What is the best for the money. Is 10k best it seems to be the higher priced. I seen another company that says it has a gold plate with a coating over it to make it better. Now Imnoticed CSUSA has a 100% guarantee on there Apprentice slimlines. And there only 1.80 ea. I am not sure where i got the ones that are wearing. I have bought from 4 or 5 companies. Where do you buy from?
Thanks Rich H

jkeithrussell

Agreed that the titanium nitrade is the way to go. Chrome is a good substitute for rhodium, but there is no good substitute (that I know of) for TN gold. The 10k and 24k gold finishes just don't last. I've had some of them scuff beyond repair during assembly of the pen.

RDH79

Thanks for the info. But Ed 100-300 is way to many for me at a tme I usually can only get 20 at a time. I think I will order a few and try them. Thanks Again Rich H.

Top Bottom