Best refill for a slimline kit and best IAP member to buy from?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Looking for black(that all the girlfriend will write with)refills for slimlines.I want to buy the best I can get as she writes all the time(Getting a major in English).I also was wondering if a IAP member might sell them as I like to keep the money in the family.Thanks,Victor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

IMHO the Fisher Space pen refills (cross replacements) are the best refills you can buy . They last for a long time and always write , I've never had one skip . Also they write anywhere , even upside down , they are pressurized so they will even write in 0 gravity . No one in the group sells them though . You can buy them direct from Fisher or several others including Colorado pen .

Here's the link to the black fine point http://www.spacepen.com/blueinkfinepointcrosspenrefill-1.aspx

Last edited:

RyanNJ

IMHO the Fisher Space pen refills (cross replacements) are the best refills you can buy . They last for a long time and always write , I've never had one skip . Also they write anywhere , even upside down , they are pressurized so they will even write in 0 gravity . No one in the group sells them though . You can buy them direct from Fisher or several others including Colorado pen .

Here's the link to the black fine point http://www.spacepen.com/blueinkfinepointcrosspenrefill-1.aspx

these are also listed on ebay for $2 each, i bought one and i will report back

ldb2000

Please do Ryan . I pay $4 for them direct but I know they are fresh . I put one in every pen I sell so I don't want to take chances but if they are good I wouldn't mind saving a little money .

Last edited:

RyanNJ

Please do Ryan . I pay $4 for them direct but I know they are fresh . I put one in every pen I sell so I don't want to take chances but I they are good I wouldn't mind saving a little money .

No problem, i figure it is worth trying.
I should be able to report back by next weekend

I just bought two from the ebayer with them for $2 each I figure $4 is not much of a gamble and free shipping.Thank you for all the feedback,Victor

These are not the correct refills for slimlines to let everyone know they don't have the plastic end to screw into the kit oh well $4 down the drain.That's what I get for not looking closely at the listing.So I think the $4 link provided by ldb2000 is the best price I have found off to order a few.Thanks again,Victor

fishlux

I bought Monteverde Liquid refills from Colorado Pen Direct. http://www.coloradopen.com/product/...-Refill-for-Cross/Cross_Ballpoint_Pen_Refills

I really liked the refills, and they seem to go forever, but shipping was ridiculous.
If you order enough, the shipping is free, but I didn't want to replace every refill. Maybe I should...

They have a lot of cool colors too. My wife has the purple and loves it.

Lux

PS No affiliation with Colorado Pen except as a customer.

sbwertz

<quote>I will match your 10 refils with 4 brass knobs for the mandril. They manage to hit my foot and take off for parts unknown.<quote>

That is why I don't sweep up the shavings under my lathe! That little brass nut doesn't bounce in shavings! (but it is hard to find the little washer.)

I keep about an inch of shavings on the floor...vacuum it up when it starts to leak into my shoes.
Sharon

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

I'm gonna take a wild ass guess that those are gonna be BLUE, Butch!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tim self

I just bought two from the ebayer with them for $2 each I figure $4 is not much of a gamble and free shipping.Thank you for all the feedback,Victor

These are not the correct refills for slimlines to let everyone know they don't have the plastic end to screw into the kit oh well $4 down the drain.That's what I get for not looking closely at the listing.So I think the $4 link provided by ldb2000 is the best price I have found off to order a few.Thanks again,Victor

Victor, the ones you received were probably the wrong type. The part # is SC4 for the type we use. http://www.spacepen.com/refills.aspx Look toward the bottom of the page. Sure someone else is selling these also.

Top Bottom