best place to buy sierra's ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Who has the cheapest, but still carries the better finishes, for the sierra's?

They seem to be my most popular kit - anyone else have a different kit that is selling better (slims not included)?

I think I need to stock up. Maybe we need a group buy for Sierra's?

Thanks,
Gregory of Sherwood Forest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Sierras are made by Berea Hardwoods. You can purchase them direct from Berea, or through their online only resellers, Bear Tooth Woods or Arizona Silhouette. Rockler and Woodcraft also sell them, Woodcraft changes the name to Wall Street.

The prices are about the same online. Rockler and Woodcraft are usually a little more.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I'm just partial -but I get all mine at Bear Tooth Woods. They have a few more in their selection as well.

Just checked out BTW, they do a have a lot. Someone tell me real differences between the Sierra, the Sierra Vista, the Elegant Sierra, please.

Thanks!

hrigg

There is also the Sierra Click, which is longer than the regular Sierra, but not as fat as the Vista, and the Sierra Click Pencil, which is the shortest of them all. A shortened Sierra Click, about the same length as the regular Sierra, is still longer than the Click Pencil.

Hosspen

Can anyone here tell me if the $4.00 Apprentice is really the same quality as the $7.00 Sierra and Wall Sreet II? That just seems like a big difference in price?
Thanks for any input.

hewunch

I can tell a difference between them. I don't think the CSUSA is as good, but it is not bad per se. One thing that is a dead give away is the clip. the edges are rough. Not so rough as to make it ugly, just rough to the touch.

arioux

Can anyone here tell me if the $4.00 Apprentice is really the same quality as the $7.00 Sierra and Wall Sreet II? That just seems like a big difference in price?
Thanks for any input.

You get what you pay for applies well to this kind of kit. The apprentice line is a lower quality pen made of lower quality parts. That's why the price is lower. Good to learn and give away . Bad for making a name as a business, too much chance of problems and return. Same thing with PSI funline, Wodd n Whimsies hobby line and few other Ebay seller.

There is a market for those kit and everyone is trying to get it's share. I tried them all and stay away from them now.

Wood Pen Rro has a sierra version called the Pacifica. I never tried it but there was a group buy not long ago, mabe someone can give us feedback on it.

BruceA

Sierra kit sources

Woodpenpro has the Pacifica line, as Arioux has recommended, and I have used all three Tapa Pacifica styles. At $ 7.25 each for Black Ti plating, that's a good value, and the plating looks good and holds up well.

The step up from there is the Berea Elegant Beauty for $10. for their Black Ti/Platinum and Black Ti/Gold. This kit is a winner, and a favorite with just about everybody that buys.

Berea Elegant Beauty also has a Satin Chrome version that is only $7.00 for qty. 2 or more. There are two versions - chrome grip and stain grip. The one with the satin grip makes a stunning pen.

Buzz

I'll vote for BTW as well. The two tone chrome Elegant Sierra is a really nice looking and good quality pen.

The Apprentice line of Sierras, I'm pretty sure, come out of China (Rizheng) and while the price is good, the quality is certainly behind that of Berea's.

Top Bottom