Best place to buy pen parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

If you mean kits, my money mainly goes to Craft Supplies.
Jr Emperors are very nice from them.

Penn state Industries (PSI) has some nice kits also, with their
Jr Majestic being my favorite.

Rifleman1776

I use CS (Craft Supplies USA, catalog is The Woodturners Catalog) because of consistently high quality and service.
Many buy from PSI. I purchase other things fromPSI but, IMHO, their pen kit quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Rudy Vey

I am looking for the best pen parts you can purchase. Any help would be helpful
Two companies come to mind:
Berea and CSUSA
Both sell high quality kits. Berea kis can be had from several other companies like Beartooth Wood and Arizona Silhouette and a few kits under different names at Woodcraft; CSUSA sells a few kits to Rockler. I do not use PSI stuff.

ldb2000

I use CSUSA , PSI , Berea (and distributors) and some of the vendors in the classifieds for all pen kits I use .
I have never had any problems with any of PSI's better quality pen kits . I have a slimline pro click pen in 24k gold plating , it's over a year old and is used every day in my shop . The finish has been gone for a long time (I used a Mylands friction polish before I knew any better) but the plating is still holding up very well , as a matter of fact none of the over 30 pros I have made have ever come back for a problem with the plating . The click mechanism has also never given me a problem . The only problem I have ever had with these pens (and I have had this same problem with other click pens , it seems to be a problem with Daycom) was the spring is too small and gets jammed against the tip of the refill and the pen stopped working , I replaced the spring with a bigger one and never had another problem with it . I now replace the spring on all click pens because of this problem .

Top Bottom