Best Pencil Kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

I have someone wanting a pencil and have not done a pencil yet, so i'm looking for a good quality kit.
Thank you for advice and help

Harry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

Depends on what you want in a pencil, but I like and have had good success with slumping pros from PSI. 8pm tubes. It's a 2 tube pencil, but appears to be easily made into a single tube that would resemble a long clicker.

thewishman

Get the Perfect Fit. It is the most reliable of all the pencil kits, plus it can convert to pen
very easily. It is a Berea kit, suppliers:

Berea
Bear Tooth Woods
Exoticblanks
Arizona Silhouette

Last edited:

chrisk

+1 on the Perfect Fit with a Schmidt transmission accepting either a Parker refill or the Schmidt DSM2006 pencil mechanism. So far I found that the parts, especially on the lower barrel, are quite loose. The best fix I found is epoxy.

Two other Berea kits using the same transmission (hence pencil/pen conversion): the El Grande Ballpoint and the Cigar pencil. For the latter, you must purchase the pencil for the Cigar ballpoint has a different transmission.

Another alternative is the Sierra ballpoint conversion. Here: http://content.penturners.org/library/pencils/sierrapencil1.pdf

InvisibleMan

Depends on what you want in a pencil, but I like and have had good success with slumping pros from PSI. 8pm tubes. It's a 2 tube pencil, but appears to be easily made into a single tube that would resemble a long clicker.

Should be SLIMLINE PROS. 8mm tubes.

LOLiPhoneSpellChecker:redface:

Last edited:

crabcreekind

stay away from sierra pencils, and slimline pencils. Not sure about slimline pros. On normal slimline pencils, the black piece of plastic breaks alot. The sierra pencils aren't bad, but they just rattle at the top, and also the eraser is not sized for the pencil kit.

longbeard

Thanks for all the advice guys, ordered the vertex from woodturningz
i will post it when finished and the details of the fit and operation of the mech.
Thanks again guys

Harry

Top Bottom