Best pen for watch parts or...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

I've been looking through the library and forums to find opinions on which pens have the most thickness between the copper tube and OD of the bushing. In case I'm not asking the question clearly, what pen has the greatest difference between inner diameter and the outer diameter for having room for things such watch parts or beer caps.... Thanks for any leads.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

theidlemind

The Aero Elegant is a good one.

Single tube, good platings, quite a bit of meat after you turn it.
Cigars and Jr. Gents work too.

But anything will work, I've done watch parts and nib castings on slimlines.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've been looking through the library and forums to find opinions on which pens have the most thickness between the copper tube and OD of the bushing. In case I'm not asking the question clearly, what pen has the greatest difference between inner diameter and the outer diameter for having room for things such watch parts or beer caps.... Thanks for any leads.

You MAY want to consider a second factor, as well: What diameter will you have to accomodate in bending the parts. The "tighter" the bend, the more likely to crack the component or it's finish.

MikeL

Thanks for the input. I am looking to try something different and it will require maximum room between tube and OD.

carlmorrell

Wondering the same thing. I just got a panache kit. 10.5mm & 12.5mm tubes. BIG bushings, so I was thinking this would be a good candidate, when I get a roundtoit.

thewishman

The Sierra Vista or Wall Street III have a good amount of room. Berea Hardwoods, Exotic Blanks, Beartooth Woods and other carry them.

I think the Spring Blossom my have the most room for stuff. It is at the Classic Nib.

Top Bottom