Best pen prices

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyBear

I have lots of blanks on the way but few kits. What is the best price/quality buy for slimlines at the moment.

My current supplier charges £7.95 (approx $16) for five slimline kits

I also fancy some of the american stock which does not appear to be available over here but the charges applied by the post office at this side appear to be extortionat.

I recently bought the Duragrit yellow set from duragrit themselves and the post office at this side added £11 ($22) for handling.
Tho I still saved about £15 on the price in this country

So importing may be worth it in the end

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

We all import from America or Canada which can be expensive!

There is a UK buying group newly formed by myself to bring better quality pen making components to us Brits, membership is on hold at present until I know what benefits the group can offer members.

When membership reopens I will contact you.[:)]

gwilki

Crazy
I don't know how your postal charges work, but you can get slimlines in Canada for $2.75 each, dropping to 2.25 for 10 or more and dropping to 1.95 for 25+. Go to Penblanks.ca if you want to look at them.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As you know, I go the other direction, from Europe to the USA.

However, all shippers are NOT created equal

UPS adds a handling fee over here, no one else does.

Apparently, this is NOT disclosed to the shipper.

So, try a couple shipments - you have to "pay to play" in this game, but experience will help you cut down the cost.

I have found shipping over 100 kgs at a time is a GREAT saving, per pound (that is weight pound, not pound Sterling - would you guys PLEASE rename your currency!!!! But, don't call it a Euro, someone else seems to be testing that name!!)[:D][:D][:D][:D]

FWIW - maybe nothing!!

Ligget

Originally posted by philbaldwin
<br />Ligget,

Can you get in contact with m when its setup?

Cheers

Phil

If you had an email you would know I tried to contact you many times,
the one you had kept bouncing them back to me.

I even tried to contact you regarding the UK meet-up, but nothing![V]

You will need an email address that works if I am to bring you into the group, cause messages are via email not the IAP.

bitshird

Though their styles are somewhat limited, (slimlines,fancy slimlines, comfort, cigar, european/Mont Blanc, and 1 or 2 more) woodnwhimsies has been very good to me, Their prices are much less than most others I've looked at, I can't say mich about their quality compared to others because they are the only ones I've bought pen kits from,I've only done just over 30 pens since I started, but so far everything I purchased from them seems good.
Ken Ferrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom