Best Parker refill click pen over time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

I have made a number of different click pens over the years, but they usually sell and I don't have a long-term test pen. Which click pens have proven most reliable?

We all have that single bulletproof pen we swear by, but do all or most of them of the same design work as well?

In my experience the Long Click (Dayacom) is sturdy unless dropped, and sometimes the clicker doesn't work from the first. I like the look, but want a better and more reliable alternative.

Please let me know what happens if your favorite gets dropped.

If you had to make a clicker for someone you respect, what would you make?

magpens

My answer is .... the Elegant Sierra Button Click .... combination of simple elegance and reliable functionality .... 6 years without a problem .... as long as I have been turning. I am referring to the Berea Sierra.

The two-tone all metal versions of the Sierra Button Click are just as reliable and functional over the long term. They, too, are beautiful.

RKB

Newer turner here.... I made some Le Roi click pens about 2 years ago that are still in use and working today. I have a Coco/chrome one that is my carry pen. I put in my jeans front pocket to carry it, jeans & t-shirt kinda guy. I drop it all the time especially in the parking lot when getting out my keys. Still functions properly today. I like the "firm" click too. :biggrin: If I was a pen seller this pen would one I would promote and be confident in it's service life. Easy to make and at a great price point with a Schmidt 9000 refill that people really like.

Rod

stuckinohio

Vertex/Stratus from PSI are pre-assembled click pens. They feel smooth and operate nicely. Problem with them is they break the clicker post off if dropped. They must always fall on the clicker end! You can reinforce them clicker mechanism by putting tooth pick or nail into the post and then putting on the cap for the click post. Seems to work.

I have stopped buying click pens that have the three piece mechanism that must be assembled. Won't buy the Apex or the slimline pro click pens. Clicker seems to malfunction on each one quickly...
I have two sierra click pens on the way right now. anxious to try those!

Top Bottom