Best method to cut brass tubes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steeler fan1

There a many ways to cut tubes. I normally use my band saw, if thats not convenient I'll use a dremel with a cutoff wheel.

Carl

bnoles

Thanks guys.... thanks too for the link Mike, I thought I rememberd seeing something a while back, but could not find the thread.

Rick_G

Brass is soft, I just put it on an old mandrel with spacers to tighten and cut it with the point of a parting tool. I don't cut many and this works well so why buy something else to lose in the bottom of the toolbox.

LeeR

JRay8

Dittos. I bought this one a few months back, and it is a great little cutoff saw. I've used my Dremels (own 4 ...) for a lot of cutoff work, but this one is great to get nice, square cuts.

These are on sale a lot, so don't buy one at full price unless you just absolutely gotta have it, regardless of price. :biggrin:

Most magazines have harbor freight ads with 20% off coupons in them every month. one should never pay full price for anything from HF. :wink:

PenPal

Bob,

This was my best method for cutting brass tubes using my dremel with the black cut off disks shown in this pic cutting a groove in tool steel for a circlip.

Quite accidentally I used a small three wheeler band saw with a metal cutting blade it is by far and away the easiest cutting method for me, I use a cartridge reamer (all gun stores) it has an inside and an outside function to clean the cut.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 148

bnoles

Bob,

This was my best method for cutting brass tubes using my dremel with the black cut off disks shown in this pic cutting a groove in tool steel for a circlip.

Quite accidentally I used a small three wheeler band saw with a metal cutting blade it is by far and away the easiest cutting method for me, I use a cartridge reamer (all gun stores) it has an inside and an outside function to clean the cut.

Kind regards Peter.

WOW Peter, that is one fantastic elaborate set up. Nice job!

corian king

I also use the small HF saw and I have had it about 4 years with no problems.
PSI sells that same saw on their site for about 60.00.
Right now HF has it on sale for around 27.00 and they have a 20% off any one item.
good luck!

Top Bottom