Best Ladies Pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhelminski

I have a few female friends that would like pens. Any suggestion or observationis what seems to be the best liked by the female persuasion?

-Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I've sold/given the following away and they've been well received: pink ivory on a sterling silver baron; chocolate mint lucite on a Series 2000; pink polyester resin on a slimline; pink Corian on a slimline; purpleheart on a slimline; white flake acrylic on a Sierra.

gerryr

Try the Olympia from AZ Silhouette. Also the Flattop American Filigree from AZ. I've sold three of these recently in Bloodwood.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Depends on where you live. Most women keep their pens in their purses. If that is going to sit in a car at over 100 degrees, choose your wood carefully. or

CRACK!!!!!

damhikt, But I do!!!

angboy

Originally posted by Penmonky
<br />
Originally posted by DFM
<br />Try a Lola pen!
Bad Idea!

Hey, don't forget that Lola was made by a person of the "female persuasion"! [:D] (And just to clarify before any questions come up, that would be a female who is (usually) quite fond of the "male persuasion"!) [:X][:X]

Lola and Blaze have both been a hit with men and women at my work- although the difference being that the women hand them back to me and I have to forcefully take them back from the men...

But back to Jim's original question... there are probably stereotypes that would fit what women generally want- I'm talking pens now- such as smaller/slimmer pens, and more "girly" type colors, which I'm partial to, but then those stereotypes are often broken. So why not give them a choice? What I've done recently with people I've wanted to give pens to is show them pictures of several and let them choose. There are times I make a specific pen for a specific person, but if I'm not real certain, I do the let them choose approach, and many times I'm glad I did, because I've been surprised at what some people pick!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ric, you may sound like a rube, but Lola sounds like .... nah, it is a family site!![:D] Lola is very similar to Blaze, check this thread out.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15814

JimQ

For their own use, most women have requested SlimLines, but I have had more ask for Cigars than Euros. The majority have asked for Acrylics, but mostly not reds or pinks. Usually they ask for blue, violet, Turquois, Malachite.

Let them handle what you have and decide which size they like best. Then give them an idea of what you have available in blanks.

JimQ

elody21

For a girls opinion, I would say a European or Baron and yes we like the pinks, purples, whites etc... For a purse pen one really neads it to be durable. Any of the plastics, resins, or corians are great. If it is for her desk, nothing can beat pink Ivory!!! Alice

jodoidg

Slim lines. General consensus seems to be most of “us†don’t like turning these kits (me included) but we do what we must to keep the customers happy. I have sold a number of Father Sing P&P sets and recently some Olympia’s to ladies. All were reds, pink, light colored highly figured wood, (Fiddleback Koa, Ramone Burl) but not any spalted (they don’t like rot). The largest pen I sold to a female was a rhodium Panache in figured Red Heart. If I remember correctly her comment was “Oh way coolâ€. The only pen I guarantee a lady would love is made out of diamonds.[:D]
Good Luck
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom