Best kit prices ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
This should get people fired up, I need a few kits and a few boxes not much at all. Who has the best all around prices on small orders of about $50 so S&H is a concern. I just need some slimeline pencils and some rosewood boxes so I think any of the places will have what I need. Thanks everyone, LandfillLumber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TheHeretic

There are several. Arizona Silouhette (ok cant spell that one) Bear Tooth Woods. Craft Supplies. Plus many many more. And I have used all of them and than some. I assume others will jump in and say theres as well.

Or you can go to http://www.penturners.org/forum/links.asp?action=popular That will give you the favorite of those using the site for a bit.

Dean
Columbus OH

Texatdurango

That's about like asking who has the best price in town on 10W-30 motor oil, sooner or later just about every store is gonna have it on sale! [:)]

I have never found one supplier who consistently beats everyone else with their prices. Heck, if that were true, all the others would go out of business. And IF it is true... someone tell me!

To familiarize yourself with the best suppliers, I would hit the "Home" key on this forum then look to the right side where you will see sites based on "Most Popular' AND "Top Rated". Spending a few minutes browsing a few of these sites will quickly answer your question and will show who has the sales going on right now.

Have fun,
George

woodnwhimsies is the place I seen before and could not find again, they also had a great deal on the mill kit for $20 I think. I realize different places have better prices on different things thats why I asked for " all around prices on small orders" I'm just getting around after 5 weeks of a broken foot and 2 more ubtil I get back to work so Money is an issue at this time. Thanks for the information you guys are a good bunch of people on this site I'm having fum with this, Victor

mewell

I'll second (or third) the vote for WoodNWhimsies. But, if you need it fast and need to talk to someone today, WoodTurningz is hard to beat on Penn State kits. slightly higher than WW, but service is the best! Note: Their web sight stinks at showing the range of products they carry! They have whatever Penn State makes and more.

Mark

Petricore

Thanks for the link. I was just about to bite the bullet and buy some 5 dollar slims from CSUSA, I will have to try these guys out :)

GBusardo

I have ordered from quite a few of the suppliers out there. These are just my impressions from my orders, as someone on the boards, your milage may vary. Beartooth Woods and Woodturningz both have great great service. AS has great service also, but their prices can be a little high. PSI's service is probably one of the lowest on the totem pole ( I really dislike when something goes on backorder and they don't let me know). I see no reason to ever order from them again. Craft Supplies had great service too, but overall, i think a lot of their prices are out of control. One supplier that has not been mentioned is Wood Pen Pro in Hawaii. I know they are far, but they seem to get me what I order with in a week and their prices can be great and their service is very good. WoodNWhimsies has great turn around time, but I found their kits on the whole, to have some slight defects such as dings and blemishes. Maybe it was just my order. Also I have issues with the pen mill I ordered. The best looking blanks I have received from the above suppliers is AS. I would rather get my blanks from the individual people here that advertise on this forum.
Thanks for posting, I needed this therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom