Best inexpensive screw cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dntrost

OK I am newbie and want to try some screw cap pens my finish is still just friction polish and wax. Just wondering if there is a recommendation for an inexpensive screw cap? I know you get what you pay for but since I am still learning don't want to spend $15.00 a kit....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzz

Dion, I would suggest something like the Baron, in chrome, which are available for around the 8 dollar mark. If you are going to go through the effort of making a screw cap pen, it may as well be something decent with a good quality plating. While Chrome does not have the same "high end" image like Sterling Silver or Platinum etc. it is a high quality product that will last and always look good.

RMB

I think the absolute cheapest screwcap is a 24kt gold Classic from WoodnWhimsies at 4.60 for Rollerball, 7something for fountain. I've done tons of those mostly for Christmas presents, and sold a few up to 56$.

JohnU

I just made my first Jr. Gent after asking the people here what to start with. I was worried since it was my first top end pen, but it was fun to turn, easy to assemble and a nice mide size pen. Not to mention it looks expensive. It turns heads, especially with the people that use bic and papermate all day. Good luck!

tmhawk

I guess I'm dense, there is nothing on the WoodnWhimsies.com site that is $4.60. Is there another site that these pens cost $4.60? Sorry if I'm dumb. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom