Best Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Powell

I know everyone has an opinion, some say they all stink, and I say they all count. My wife is an RN, she likes me twist pens that she has, but she prefers a click.

In ya'lls opinion, what is the best click pen out there?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I made a Wall Street ii click and the click mechanism is the smoothest of all I have made to date. total I have made 3 other styles but Wall a street ii is best so far.

be careful in assembly you can damage the click mechanism, I think I read that could happen.

not really I messed up two at different times, I am a slow learner.

Jim Burr

Banned
The best one is the one you make. As a combat RT...twists are my favorite. On the occasion to work in a calm facility...my Sierra EB caduceus laser from Laserlinez always rocks. If you don't have time to twist, some one else should do the writing since everything per JCHO is computer charted.

Mike Powell

The best one is the one you make. As a combat RT...twists are my favorite. On the occasion to work in a calm facility...my Sierra EB caduceus laser from Laserlinez always rocks. If you don't have time to twist, some one else should do the writing since everything per JCHO is computer charted.

You are correct Sir. Everything is computer charted, but most of her info is transcribed from notes onto the computer. While she has been in Ga, she does PICC lines and hard stick IVs, but back home in Houston she was a Oncology Clinic Nurse in the Bay Area. She worked both in the clinic, and also giving chemo. So she had a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other.

BSea

I know everyone has an opinion, some say they all stink, and I say they all count. My wife is an RN, she likes me twist pens that she has, but she prefers a click. In ya'lls opinion, what is the best click pen out there?

The two I like are the long click and the aero click. I don't hesitate to make or sell either.
For a kit pen I agree. I have a long click that sits by my chair. I use it everyday to do my Sudoku Puzzle. It's now about 3 years old, but still works great.

A custom pen made using the Schmidt skm88 click mechanism. No plastic, all metal.
Even though it's really a custom/kitless pen, it's really easy to make(compared to a kitless fountain pen). I had one go through the washer & dryer. While the pen is a little beat up, I just added a new refill, and the mechanism is as smooth as ever, and is still a reliable pen that I keep in my vehicle.

My favorite is the Vertex. I know some folk don't care for it but it's my daily and I love it. Nice smooth click mech, great balance and feel in the hand. Hard to beat. Also really like the Aero click.

Fireengines

Because of bio hazards, writing instruments can be nasty in the hospital. I recommend health professionals carry disposable plastic click pens. Bic pens are bad because it is way to easy to pull the cap off with your mouth on lay the cap down in heaven knows what.

Bacterial colonization on writing pens touched by healthcare professionals and hospitalized patients with and without cleaning the pen with alcohol-based hand sanitizing agent - Halton - 2011 - Clinical Microbiology and Infection - Wiley Online Libra

hard hat

I'm not trying to derail this thread, this is pertaining to the best click mech. In my experience, the long clicks feel like there are rocks in the transmission. I bought about ten of them from CSUSA and have been disappointed with all I them, not to mention the clips get sprung too easily. As far as the vertex pens, I have had all of them come back broken. One small drop, one rolling off the desk, several just breaking when clicked. The new style Sierra click feels much better, but I haven't messed with them due to the other click mechanism pens being so awful.
Have any of you had the same experience with utter disappointment in the quality of click pen kits?

Donovan

I have a Parker that is about 25 years old and still working fine. I think is was called the "Jotter" and I have always wondered why the kit manufacturers can't get that kind of quality on the click pens

Donovan

Mike Powell

I'm very funny about the click mech. I dont like scratchy/clunky mechs. I have made one nice sized sale to a cooworker (210.00 for 4 designers and a baron FP) I know most of her Nursing friends like Clicks also, so Im just trying to spread my sales area. I am hoping once we get back to Houston, it will get a little better.

walshjp17

Has anyone had any issues with the Stratus click (PSI)? I had the opportunity to handle one and I have to say the click mechanism was very smooth and virtually noiseless (i.e., little-to-no click sound).

Dan Masshardt

Has anyone had any issues with the Stratus click (PSI)? I had the opportunity to handle one and I have to say the click mechanism was very smooth and virtually noiseless (i.e., little-to-no click sound).

I believe the mech is the same as vertex according to psi. Some people love them. I've had enough probs with the couple I made to not like them too much.

wouldentu2?

I'm have used the new Sierra click in a maintenance mechanic environment for several months and have had no problems with the mechanism.

I had several Vertex which have a nice mechanism but if the pen was dropped and landed horizontal the button would break because the button was solid metal with a narrow plastic shaft screwed into it. The plastic broke flush with the button.

I have also had much success with the Berea Button Click Double Center Ring though the plating will wear off over time.

Top Bottom