Best Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JBCustomPens

Hi everyone,

I've purchased a lot of amboyna burl over the years. I've got some really nice pieces from a lot of different vendors as well.

But I was wondering, from who did you get what you would consider to be the best amboyna burl?
It would be nice to give a shout out to some of the awesome vendors here on IAP.

I'll start off with Isaac Rapelje (member name isaacrapelje). I bought some amboyna burl from him and they were amazing with color and tons of burl eyes. Thanks Isaac! If everyone would want to include a pic of a finished pen, that would be cool too.

Thanks,
Have a good one!

Last edited:

turbowagon

I've only bought a few Amboyna burl blanks, but I was happy with all of them. The best piece I actually got from CSUSA (it was my 3rd pen, so the workmanship and photography is lacking). I was labeled Amboyna 100% burl:

amboyna_burl.jpg

And here is some I got from Griffin Exotic Wood (2 different pens, even though they are the same kit style):

amboyna_burl_jr_gent.jpg

amboyna_burl_jr_gentb3.JPG

Brooks803

+1 for Isaac. I've seen amboyna burl that's been sold by Textatdurango here on IAP, but I don't know if he's a constantly selling or just when he has extra. This is one from isaac:

Top Bottom