Best 8 blanks from these?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dabull24

Im about to start cranking out these Jr. Gents for Christmas gifts...Which 8 blanks would you guys use from these?
100_0478.jpg

100_0479.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I'd order 9 more kits.....lol
Seriously I'd leave out the Maple unless you especially wanted one out of a lighter wood. I'd be sure to use the Thuya and Box Elder, as well as the Rose Myrtle and redwood burls. Use the darker blank, second from left in the first picture...I can't read the name but it looks like a rosewood. Round it out with the Brown Mallee, Taz burl and the Black locust. Just my opinion .....but you asked...lol
Mike

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I'm not demanding AND I can send to Canada.
Send them to me and I'll send them to Alfred.

I promise. :tongue:

GouletPens

It's hard for me to say, I'd have to see them in person. Let me know when you pack them up and I'll give you my address...:tongue:

No seriously, you can't really go wrong with any of them. It's probably more important to pick the ones you know will work well with the type of hardware you're using. But really, you can't go wrong with any of them!

I'm a rookie, but why not turn them all and see which ones finish the best? I know I'd probably destroy one of them and end up with just 8 unintentionally.

Gregory of TheLatheIsMyFriendTheLatheIsMyFriend Forest

dabull24

Heres the first one I just made, My first try at CA finish also. Only problem I had was the CA seemed to flake away the wood where I unattached them from the bushings, any tips on preventing that? Wood was Rosewood burl.
100_0481.jpg

100_0483.jpg

Top Bottom