Best “Parker” style refill for the buck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I am about to switch out 100 ink cartridges and would like to know what you think. No, I don't wish to make a different pen, just replace these with superior refills. Thanks in advance for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

The EZ flow 9000 from Schmidt is the most "rollerball-like" and sold pens for me.

Some prefer a gel type, so a lot depends on what you like and what your customer prefers.
See, even Ed agrees with me. Someone should check on his state of mind. :biggrin:

mmayo

Does the Schmidt have a stick on label or is the Brand name inked on. A ask this because the space between some kits and the refill (ie. Steampunk) is too narrow for a refill with a self stick label. Sierras would not be an issue.

I just looked on Ed's site and if you look at all three images, one has a stick on label, I have bought those and they get stuck. They write superbly! The other two images show inked on info on the outside of the metal refill (I would like to buy those in black wide or medium).

Thanks for the info, I appreciate the help.

Last edited:

thewishman

Does the Schmidt have a stick on label or is the Brand name inked on. A ask this because the space between on kits and the refill (ie. Steampunk) is too narrow for a refill with a self stick label. Sierras would not be an issue.

Thanks for the info

The broad points are painted, the medium points are labeled.

TonyL

I haven't tried them all, but from among the ones I tried, I like:

1. Schmidt 9000
2. Montverde
3. Quink

I only by Schmidt 9000M now. I will buy the Parker-style, Monteverde Ceramic Gel if someone wants a BP pen to write more like a rollerball.

There may be better out there. I certainly do not know.

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
Does the Schmidt have a stick on label or is the Brand name inked on. A ask this because the space between some kits and the refill (ie. Steampunk) is too narrow for a refill with a self stick label. Sierras would not be an issue.

I just looked on Ed's site and if you look at all three images, one has a stick on label, I have bought those and they get stuck. They write superbly! The other two images show inked on info on the outside of the metal refill (I would like to buy those in black wide or medium).

I purchased my Schmidt refills in bulk through Amazon. The brand name is inked in. You may want to look there if you want to get refills that have a medium nib.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

I purchased my Schmidt refills in bulk through Amazon. The brand name is inked in. You may want to look there if you want to get refills that have a medium nib.

The EasyFlow 9000 has a label, the 900 has an imprint. We order directly from Schmidt in Germany, so the ink is very fresh, order 3-4 times a year. And yes, we do carry the 900 if you prefer the imprinted. I don't think either one is a gel.

If anyone can find a link to show the EASY FLOW 9000 from Schmidt can come without the label, please post it soon!! OR, if this is a different refill that is gel, I'd like to know that, I could add it--Schmidt is preparing several thousand 9000 for us, to be shipped in a week.

Thanks!!
Ed

JohnU

I also use the 9000. I've given a lot of pens away at work. When they need ink they all come to me. None of them know anything about ink, but when they ask for it they all say "not the stock ink, the good stuff you use". It's very noticeable when using.

RDH79

Use a rat tail file and file the insides just a little. If you are glueing the parts glue can build a bead on the inside and the label will catch.
That happened to me on the boltaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

mmayo

All in

I'm all in for easyFLOW 9000. Thanks to Ed at Exotic Blanks I purchased 100 at a nice low price.

Now the task of changing many Sierra, bolt, stratus, steampunk (maybe) pens.

Attachments

• 16739D08-5D89-4F96-86D2-D0EC2BA27941.jpg
    16739D08-5D89-4F96-86D2-D0EC2BA27941.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'm all in for easyFLOW 9000. Thanks to Ed at Exotic Blanks I purchased 100 at a nice low price.

The forum will only allow me to "like" it once, so here is the second

"I LIKE IT"

thanks for your confidence in us!!

mecompco

Well done! I know I've bought close to 300 of them from Ed thus far. Once I tried one I was hooked and put them in all my pens. I think there's a night and day difference from the stock kit refills and yes, if you sell in person, they help sell pens.

More4dan

Now if only we could get a small discount from Ed and let him keep the kit refills. I have one for every pen I make because I now always get an Easy Flow 9000 with the kit. GREAT refill that is silky smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Some of Smitty's pens came without refills. So, occasionally, I forget and ship an order without adding the refill. Invariably, I hear about it. We all expect a refill--even if it is
"less than optimal"!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We still have some in stock, but several thousand left Germany today, we should see them early next week. They were just made, for us.

FRESH!!

mmayo

We still have some in stock, but several thousand left Germany today, we should see them early next week. They were just made, for us.

FRESH!!

Fifty more ordered. The cartridges easily fit Sierra, bolt, stratus and cigar pens. I'll know next week if I am wrong about Steampunk being tighter. I'll bring my rat tail file just in case. Thanks Ed

Last edited:
Top Bottom