Berea's verses CUSA slimline kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

I 'm trying to determine if the CUSA slim line kit and the Berea slim line kit bushings (OD) are the same size. I have measured my Berea kit bushing to .337 (od) . Can Any one verify CUSA kit size? Thank you.

Bill Daniels

The reason is I was experimenting on a wood combination of Aspen and African Black wood I have had problems with this combination with sanding. And I finial solved that problem. I was going to put the blanks on to a black titanium kit and the coloring just does not fit. Either a chrome kit or the black chrome from CUSA would be a outstanding set.

rjwolfe3

According to the size listed with CSUSA's instructions it should be .337" for the bushings but on the other hand the instructions for the Berea list it at .331" for their bushings. But I was also told .335" is the correct size for Berea. Hope this helps.

redfishsc

Originally posted by avbill

I 'm trying to determine if the CUSA slim line kit and the Berea slim line kit bushings (OD) are the same size. I have measured my Berea kit bushing to .337 (od) . Can Any one verify CUSA kit size? Thank you.

Bill Daniels

The reason is I was experimenting on a wood combination of Aspen and African Black wood I have had problems with this combination with sanding. And I finial solved that problem. I was going to put the blanks on to a black titanium kit and the coloring just does not fit. Either a chrome kit or the black chrome from CUSA would be a outstanding set.

I like the clips on the CSA kits, except that annoying "A" they put on them all, which looks like an Atlanta Braves "A" (nothing against the Braves!).

I know what you mean on the sanding. I have found that if you use a small block of wood with the sandpaper on it, the sanding won't wear down the softer wood quicker.

If you are getting blackwood dust in the aspen, be sure that you are not using cross-grain pieces where endgrain is showing on the side of the pen, that will get black dust caught in it--- try to keep the aspen grain running longways with the tube.

Top Bottom