Berea's PIPS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwilki

Does anyone know if the Berea system that puts initials in a special finial will fit the PerfectFit ballpoint?
Is anyone in the group selling individual finials with letters?

Tks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gwilki

Thanks, Rudy. Berea's site says that they fit "all flat top styles". I didn't know if they meant the Flattop as a model, or any kit where the filial is flat. They put the info on the PIPS on the same page as the Perfectfit, so it isn't clear. I'm still waiting for a reply from Berea. That's why I figured that I would post here.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by gwilki
<br />Thanks, Rudy. Berea's site says that they fit "all flat top styles". I didn't know if they meant the Flattop as a model, or any kit where the filial is flat. They put the info on the PIPS on the same page as the Perfectfit, so it isn't clear. I'm still waiting for a reply from Berea. That's why I figured that I would post here.
When they say styles, the mean ball point, pencil, rollerball and fountain pens - I have used PIPS once or twice for FT rollerballs. But I never really liked the look of it. Switched to laser engraving long ago.
The PFC has a slightly tapered finial which is also slightly domed, the flat tops are straight and flat as the name said. So is the El Grande, flat and straight, the EG Streamlined finial looks more like the PFC - tapered and slightly domed.

Husky

Originally posted by gwilki
<br />Does anyone know if the Berea system that puts initials in a special finial will fit the PerfectFit ballpoint?
Is anyone in the group selling individual finials with letters?

Tks

Yes the PIP system is designed to and will work with the Perfect Fit Convertable pens and pencils. Did a couple last year for someone who wanted them with initials. Make sure to are carefull as to ordering the correct "left" and "right" initials.

gwilki

Thanks for this Husky. No offence meant, but Berea finally got back to me this morning and told me that PIPS would not work on Perfect Fit. I'm not arguing with you, since it's likely true that any of us could make it work, just as you did. The other down side is that PIPS only comes in cheap gold. The pens will be chrome. Thanks again, Husky, and you, too, Rudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom