Berea Streamline vs. CSUSA Apprentice Roadster?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrc

I tried the roadster and you get what you pay for. Compairing them I think the roadster is not as good and I think it is a cheep kit from china. I try to stay away from china kits. Most china kits do not match bushings,

Daniel

Joe, I was wondering the same thing. I do think that Dayacom makes the best kits, but they still come form China. I have a strong suspicion that anything that does not live up to Dayacom specs is sold to other suppliers. I don't think there are a lot of factories out there to pump out pen kit parts.

arioux

Dayacom is in Taiwan and their kits are (as far as i'm concern) of higher quality. The apprentice line from CSU is their answer to the growing market of cheap Chinese stuff that is sold all over the place. PSI did the same with their "funline" kits.

As far as i know, Berea plant is in Taiwan too.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
What is it that makes the 'roadster' of lesser quality, Jim? Is it the thickness of the plating? Propensity to scratch or pit? The transmission? Something else entirely?

If you still have an example of each kit, it would be really nice to see a product comparison in the new 'product review' subforum. I know a lot of us were wondering about this very question.

I'm sure that Docstram can help you with the review, if you need it.

Andrew

jrc

I thought the transmission did not worked that well and the plating was not clear and shiney. Order a few and try them out. Berea get there kits from Taiwan. Last year the people I got thousands of kits over the years sent me 200 kits from china and they were crap. Over half of them the plating was all messed up. Some of the plating on one side was frosty and the other half was shiney and all the nibs were oversized. I call them and they acted like it was no big deal. I nevered ordered kits from them again.

nava1uni

If the kits came from CSUSA I am surprised that was the response that you got. I have never had anything but amazing customer service from CSUSA whenever something has not been correct.

MobilMan

I can tell you first hand about the Apprentice Slimline. It is pure JUNK. That is the only thing I've ever gotten from CSUSA that I would come close to putting in that catagory. Using a pen press, you will crease the nib so bad, it has to be replaced. The transmission feels wierd. Tight spots. Also wonder if the plating is worth 2 bits. I would NEVER buy more even ar 50 cents each.

Top Bottom