Berea sham

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

philipff

Berea put out this special email enticing everyone to buy a high end kit for only 1/3 of the usual price. Jumped all over that one -- -but---- no such luck!! So little stock only a few guys got lucky. NOT how to win customers, or retain old ones like me!! They should have known better. Philip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
If you go to their location, they have boxes of blanks that they don't have enough of to satisfy what they think the demand will be - They don't even post them to avoid not being able to fill orders.

I suspect they had plenty initially, but large orders came in.

They are very aware of NOT posting materials if the demand may be too high.

BJohn

Sorry, but like others have said if you were not johnny on the spot you loose.

No way a sham! The folks a Berea have always been pleasent and well Jim you can not meet or talk to more of a PRO!

I am a registered & regular customer were was my email. GEE IT MUST HAVE BEEN A SHAM.

its_virgil

Didn't entice me...I got no email. Had I gotten the email I probably would have been enticed and like you, a little late responding. And, I use a lot of Berea kits. Sorry I missed whatever the offer was. Probably a kit I like and use. Just my luck.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Berea put out this special email enticing everyone to buy a high end kit for only 1/3 of the usual price. Jumped all over that one -- -but---- no such luck!! So little stock only a few guys got lucky. NOT how to win customers, or retain old ones like me!! They should have known better. Philip

raar25

The scam you are referring to is bait and switch. But in this case from the info others have posted I dont think this is the case. Sears was famous for it, advertising one product and not having it in stock and they got you to buy a similar item they made more money on. The only need to have a few on hand though for it not to be bait and switch.

wyone

I did not hear about it either.. but in light of the fact you think it might not have been legit, maybe write an email to the company directly and give them a chance to tell all of us their side of the story? If they had 10 kits I might agree. If they had 200 and sold them all, well that is another story. Just my 2 cents worth

Ed McDonnell

1) The email said very plainly "Limited Time...Limited Quantities".

2) If you read the product description they clearly disclosed that "These pens are a older variation to the Cambridge Hybrid's™", so it's likely they were just clearing out obsolete inventory at a blow-out price while quantities lasted.

3) It's the same pen that many have posted here complaining about the black band at the center. Hopefully we won't be reading posts from people who didn't read the descriptions and got some thinking they were getting the new version for $12. All sales were final with no returns.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom