Berea Non TBC Bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I love Berea..their products, price points, and customer service. Has anyone found their non TBC bushings to be out of round. I have made several Atrax's, and Virages with their Non TBC bushings (I also own their TBC bushing) and all are slightly OOR...I notice, but my customers would not (it's so slight). I don't see too much slop in the tube section of the bushings and I checked for all of the usually places for OOR cause. I even rotate the bushings a quarter-turn in the opposite directions, but I still get every so slight OOR. The Atrax and Virage bushings have been used 3 times each and I bought them new.

I have turned a half dozen or more non Berea bushing compatible kits PSI, Dayacom, CSUSA, and all is well. I also turned them using two different lathes (1015, and 1221). The lathe run true (as true as a wood lathe runs :) ).

I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. I will buy more from them or others, but I think I find some TBC 60 SS ones.

No mandrel was used.

Thanks for reading!

sschering

I know what you are talking about..

I don't know if it's the bushings or some glue buildup on the centers.
Sometimes they just don't seat right on the centers.. I'll run the lathe and watch the bushings.. If they are not turning true I'll give them a spin or two on the centers and try again.

Another thing I notice is the TBC bushing have longer tube sections and fit tighter. (the ones I have anyway) If the blank ends are not perfectly square they won't run true. That just gets worse with non TBC bushings with no mandrel to align on and stubby shanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom