Berea Lever action question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I do not make the lever action (Berea) but need to make some snake blanks for it. I have tubes from Berea. The Tube and Bushing chart has the tube ID to be the same as the cigar tube ID. I need two more tubes to complete the order and was going to reduce the length of two cigar tubes BUT my cigar bushing will not fit in the ends of the lever action tubes. What am I missing or could the chart be incorrect?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I do not make the lever action (Berea) but need to make some snake blanks for it. I have tubes from Berea. The Tube and Bushing chart has the tube ID to be the same as the cigar tube ID. I need two more tubes to complete the order and was going to reduce the length of two cigar tubes BUT my cigar bushing will not fit in the ends of the lever action tubes. What am I missing or could the chart be incorrect?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hi Don>

I have read and reread your post. I am 15 min from Berea, so if I can pick up/mail anything, just ask.

Mark

Kenny Durrant

I believe the lever action is a 3/8 tube. They are close to the bolt action but are a hair shorter and are made from a thicker walled tube. I'm not where I can check so I don't know if the ID or OD is different.

its_virgil

The ODs are the same so the 10mm drill bit is OK. But the IDs are different: .357 for the cigar and .350 for the lever action. I will order lever action tubes. I need them anyway. This customer orders often. Thanks.
I suppose the chart needs correcting. My guess is there are other mistakes also.
Don

Last edited:
Top Bottom