Berea Keyring

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K., it's not a pen.....
Berea says it uses the same bushings as a 7 mm ballpoint pen. My 7 mm pen bushings are ~.330, the ends of the keyring kit are ~.360, so the ends would be proud of the wood. My bushings are not Berea, they are PSI, is this the problem?
I'm bummed out, I just received 4 items from better not say who. I can only make one of them cause I don't have the right &^%$# bushings.:( Guess I better go get on the tractor and plow.[}:)]
Thanks,
ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wicook

Another alternative, Ken, would be to put a bit of tape on your bushings...or use an outside caliper and turn to diameter instead of turning to the bushing. It's not quite as straightforward, but it definitely works! [;)]

Kevin M

Ken, I never turn to the bushings anymore since they are now smaller in diameter from turning and sanding. Just take your calipers (digital-easier to read), measure everything, cut to fit.

Fleabit

Agree with the above. I use my bushings as a guide. I measure the components of the pen and the bushings. From those measurements, I know how far to turn down the wood.

woodscavenger

Ken, if you are good enough to mic those down that close you could do as they say above or if you are worried then get some scrap corian and cut your own bushings. Or, roll a little bead down to the bushing and the issue won't be as critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom