Berea Instructions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JAB1

Has anyone had a difficult time with Berea's instructions?...I made one of their European Round Top pens tonite, and really had a hard time following their instructions. In fact, since they were not clear, I had to redo one of the blanks.....

Is it just me, or are some of you having problems with vague instructions and poor quality pictures?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I've never used Berea's instructions, Allan, so I can't comment on those. I've also never made a European pen yet...the instructions I've been using for my other pens are quite good, though...

Try these...I haven't tried these kits, but they seem comprehensive in their descriptions...I've included both as I don't know the difference between the two kits:
http://penblanks.ca/images/kit-instructions/7mm-round-Top-Jan08.pdf
http://penblanks.ca/images/kit-instructions/rnd-top-euro-premium-8mm-May08.pdf

mrburls

Hi, I've recently made some European round top ballpoint pens and found there is no room for error when trimming the ends for upper barrel. Plus tenon needs to be cut pretty exact also. They are nice pens but I did ruin two out of a batch I did. From what I remember when I made rollerballs and fountain pens they were not as difficult to make. And I am like most men and don't follow instructions!!! Hope this helps you, Keith

George7

I've done a number of the 7mm Euros and a couple of the 8mm versions. The only real problem I have had is with the 8mm. The instructions were OK, but the finial was too large to press into the twist mechanism. I've had to use a file on the small end of the finial to make it fit. I crushed the top blank on the first one of these I attempted to press together. That was a shame, as it was a nice blank.

rherrell

Has anyone had a difficult time with Berea's instructions?...I made one of their European Round Top pens tonite, and really had a hard time following their instructions. In fact, since they were not clear, I had to redo one of the blanks.....

Is it just me, or are some of you having problems with vague instructions and poor quality pictures?
Only one!:biggrin: I bet you won't make that mistake again.:wink:
Whether you know it or not you just learned how to make that pen, and you say the instructions didn't work.:rolleyes:

Rudy Vey

Berea's instructions were horrible, just a photocopied sheet that did not show too much and didn't give much info as well. But know they have them all redone and I think they are now excellent. I just re-read it and they are pretty clear, step-by-step instructions. The 8 mm round top European and the American Flattop are two pen models that are critical when it comes to exact length of the barrels, exact alignment of the centerband and glue residue in the upper pen half prior to assembly. My tip it to make sure there is absolutely no glue left inside the tube - I always ran a drill bit through the inside of the tube to clean it out.

Top Bottom