Berea Flat top American

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregMuller

I'm am in the process of making this kit but ran into trouble fitting the bushing on the "B" mandrel. Following method 2 bushing four and five should be used for the bottom half of the pen but I can not get the bushing more then half an inch up the mandrel. Has anyone else had this problem. I wound up flipping the bottom half of the pen to match the bushing after getting one side down to size. Hopefullt I didn't screw this up.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

I have had similiar problem with Berea bushing. If you can get the bushing off ream it out slighly with a smal file, drill bit, sand paper ,whatever abrasive you want. You should need to remove very little material.

wayneis

Greg sometimes I've had to slightly ream out bushings so that they will slide on a mandrel rod. It usually doesn't take much. Uaually it ends up being a burr on one of the ends. Also make sure that your rod is clean.

Wayne

mick

I bought a set of bushings for Woodcrafts version of the pen.(Classic American) They fit a 7mm mandrel. Even though the "B" mandrel is more substanial it's also way confusing keeping up with different mandrels, not to mention it won't fit in the Morse Taper that came with my Jet Mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom