Berea Flashlight Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Anyone here ever make one of these or better yet have one of the kits handy. I know it only comes in gold. I am looking to powderocat a few of these kits for Christmas gifts, but have never seen the kits. Can someone tell me if there is any plastic that can not be separated from the components prior to powder coating. If there is a plastic switch, but it can be disconnected, (Even if needed to be re - soldered, that will still work).

Thanks in advance,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Hi James:

I don't have an answer to your specific question; but maybe this information will be of help in the future. I have a PSI penlight with the push-button switch at the end of the pen. The switch mechanism is plastic and includes the clip and a gold-plated button. Neither the clip nor the button seem to be easily disengaged from the plastic switch housing, if at all?? I suspect that all lights with the push-button design are similarly built and would not be a candidate for powder coating.

I have disassembled a number of penlights that use the clip as part of the switch mechanism and they are all very similar in design. I would guess that the Berea light is similar and if so, it would be OK to use for powder coating parts. Why don't you give BB a shout email www.arizonasilhouettes.com or phone(928-329-8039). Bill is a Berea reseller and could probably help you. You could also contact Berea direct; but they have a rep for less than stellar customer service. www.penkits.com 877-736-5487

Fangar

Thanks for the assistance Eagle.

To all those for future reference... I will be able to PC the Berea Kit. The plastic piece in the cap section is able to be removed.

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom