Berea Elegant American

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Has anyone made this pen... if so how big is it, let's say compared to a DT Euro or Perfect Fit.. Bill B has a nice sale on them and I am considering another pen for my inventory, and the Parker refill pens sell better for me than the Cross refills...
Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Tom,

I made a few of these several months ago. They are about the size of a Euro pen except that the middle of both halves is the same size. You don't have the step from the upper to the lower piece.

200532521343_24Oct04-American-Elegant-01.jpg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Center band is exactly 1/2 inch. Nice pen but has not sold well for me-no idea why not, it is comfortable. Perhaps a little top heavy in acrylic, which is all that I have displayed to date.

driften

I have also make a few. Its very easy to make (for those beginners out there) but the centerband area
is not so nice. It has a sharp corner next to the black area that can bug the hand. Now if Berea had made black flush
with the gold, I would take that kit of the other DT's any day.

pipemaker

Shane,

This pen will turn on an A mandrel.
The sharp edge on the centerband is less noticable on the Ti gold than on the 24K, but can still be annoying. A little carefull buffing with a 1" wheel seems to help.

wayneis

Tom I don't think that you would like the kit because of the center band. There in a good drop where the black is and like the others have said it is sharp. I bought several of these months ago and still have every one of them, people just do not like the center band.

Wayne

driften

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Can the trim be replaced with a custom band like some are doing with the Jr Gent's? Does this one require the B mandrel?
No the trim can not be replaced. Its the part the top of the pen screws into. Well actually make that not easily replaced. You could steal the part from at Berea DT's bottom and then make a centerband to add to the top but then you might as well have bought a American or Euro DT since that is what you are converting it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom