Berea Cigar [red]PENCIL[/red]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This doesn't have anything to do with turning,but I didn't want to bury it in the "tips" section and I am not sure if it works all the time.
If you have made a Berea cigar pen(Got some from Bill at Arizona Silhouette) and have the "perfect fit" pencil mechanisms from the perfect fit pens,would you try the pencil mechanism in the cigar pen?
To install it you have to separate the pen at the center and unscrew the transmission assembly.Take out the refill and spring and insert the pencil mechanism.I have made two pens,one was a goof,I must have taken too much off the blank and the refill stands proud when retracted.
The other is the first one I made and the pencil mechanism works the same as it does in the perfect fit pen.
The pencil tip is a bit long,but I have noticed that not all pencil mechanisms stick out the same length so who is going to know?
As I stated it works for me on one of two pens and that is not enough of a trial to see if it is a verified "tip"
I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this or if I just got lucky.
This may turn out to be a valuable "tip" because I investigated the cost of cigar pencils.
From some suppliers that I have seen the pencil kit can cost $10.00
The perfect fit Schmidt mechanism is $2.00.
If this is common knowledge please disregard this post and give me a "DOPE SLAP"

G

I investigated the one that didn't work and that was the one I trimmed back the blank too much.
If the end of the mechanism that goes into the transmission is depressed the lead won't advance.
Also the barrel has to be rotated back to hold the lead in position.
So far not something I would sell but it's good enough for a personal pencil.
Close but no "Cigar" (pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom