Behind the Nib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I just finished the second installment of Lou's "Behind the Nib" series. I guess it is time to confess that I was concerned that the articles would be too technical for the average reader like me, who is not a full-blown fountain pen "techie" for lack of a better word.

Lou, I apologize for even thinking that. You did a masterful job of writing in a way that all of us can comprehend and utilize the information. If someone is a true stylophile who wants to walk around wearing a magnifying loupe like monocle, they may find it too comprehensible [8D] for their tastes. But for people like me who want to write with a fountain pen and understand how it works enough to use and tune a fountain pen it was perfect.

Sometimes we don't take sufficient time to reflect on and appreciate the effort those who write tutorials and series like this one put into the site. I would like to publicly thank Lou and all the others here who have tried their best to educate me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Careful, Andrew. I'm even older than William! And William, thank you for your kind words. It doesn't get much better than to have the appreciation of friends and peers. As long as folks keep reading, I'll keep writing. BTW, if anything in thes articles is unclear, please feel free to post questions. I will do my best to provide the answers.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Aderhammer

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Now Andrew, play nice. I had a nice bowl blank soaking in a gallon of water for a week that I was going to give you and you had to go hurt my feelings!! ;)
Cav no harm met, just messing with ya!

Andrew, you know by now I love verbal jousting. It is great to have someone your age, just out of diapers, on the site that likes to play and have fun!! (I know, at my age I'm about to go back into diapers!) [:0]

Top Bottom