Been a good day!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

srs64

Got my gift box from Alton aka greenmtnguy here on the forum.
Cheers to you sir. below is just a few of the blanks from the medium box he sent me. will last me many months.

Then the man I got my jet lathe from sent me to local pawn shop where he saw this and said it was cheap I feel bad for the shop owner, feel I robbed him when I looked them up at PSI :biggrin:

Still without a mandrel and 3 1 x 1 yellow pine turnings later, I braved the third photo Just made it round using a piece I got from alton and sanded with 150 220 and 400 then wiped it with a clean cloth and so proud of it.... and I did it with a wood chisel 3/8. in the morning getting real tools then look out and a mandrel next week
1_giftblanks.jpg

1_csc2000c.jpg

1_first.jpg

D.Oliver

Ah yes, I remember having all that enthusiasm too when I first started.:)
Next thing you'll know, one single question will be at the front of your mind. That question is "I wonder if I can make a pen from that?" You'll see a stick on the ground and it'll be "I wonder if I can make a pen from that?" You spy a piece of PVC pipe at a contruction site and it'll be "I wonder if I can make a pen from that?" You'll be drink a cold beverage on your porch, look at the bottle cap in your hand and think "Can I make a pen from this". Enjoy.

srs64

Well I have already thought of pressing up credit cards, got a friend that makes plastic models from the of all kinds, tanks you would swore was a kit .....all credit cards or loyality cards he hoards!

Top Bottom