Beaver tail blank?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clapiana

Is it just me but I am catching myself thinking of what part of the road kill I am seeing that might just be able to be turned into a pen. Maybe I should go see that guy with the soft leather sofa and explain this to him? Is it just me :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Careful, I am reminded of a bit of Jeff Foxworthy did about a guy who hit a beaver, went to pick it up and with the phrase. "It ain't that bad" got his Nipple bit off.

Old Lar

When my 4-year old grandson walks over to our house, he picks up a handful of stick for grandpa to make into pens. I have quite a collection.
I also look for many different things to make pens from also. Right now, I am using roadkill rattlers.

rogerwaskow

Blanks

When I drive along a road in Australia Queensland I am always on the lookout for burls. So much so my wife always says watch the road or I'll drive. It's amazing how many burls one sees on a stretch of 50km road. I live on an island and often take my chainsaw for a walk in the bush. :biggrin: Mind you, thankfully my wife and dog Jessie comes along so I don't look quit the part of chainsaw murderer.:wink:

clapiana

haha funny replies you folks have me cracking up this morning....

i was out with my dad and i saw some nice pine cones and i picked up a handful. he started laughing asking me what i was going to do with them? i smiled and made him a nice razor handle for him with one. i asked him what he thought it was made of when i gave it to him...after scratching his head for 5 mins i told him it was that pine cone....he smile ear to ear. it was cast in red resin and looked like cobra skin! very nifty.

a few weeks later he brought a 1/2 dozen green very green cones to my softball game....i told him we could use them in 9 months...maybe ;) now he keeps a look out for 'seasoned' dry cones.

Last edited:

rogerwaskow

Pinr cones

haha funny replies you folks have me cracking up this morning....

i was out with my dad and i saw some nice pine cones and i picked up a handful. he started laughing asking me what i was going to do with them? i smiled and made him a nice razor handle for him with one. i asked him what he thought it was made of when i gave it to him...after scratching his head for 5 mins i told him it was that pine cone....he smile ear to ear. it was cast in red resin and looked like cobra skin! very nifty.

a few weeks later he brought a 1/2 dozen green very green cones to my softball game....i told him we could use them in 9 months...maybe ;) now he keeps a look out for 'seasoned' dry cones.

Sounds good. I have been looking at pine cones. When casting them in resin, do you just pour it over and wait for it to harden, then turn it?
Thanks
Roger

BKelley

Rick in Alaska might come up with some moose droppings for pens. some of the gift shops in Anchorage carry moose dropping jewelry, why not pens!! How bout it Rick?

Ben

robutacion

Well, some years ago here in Australia, the "craze" among Japanese visitors was to buy Koala poo casted in clear resin, normally key-rings holders and other of the sort, items.

Apparently, Koala poo meant good luck/fortune for them so, we had a "few" stores (souvenir) chasing anyone that would do such a casting. Was no shortage of them as as the koala population was chased everywhere for the "toilet" spots for convenient and profitable "material" collection...!:eek::biggrin:

They have tried the same with kangaroo poo but it didn't work as well as the koala one...!:wink::smile-big:

So, should I be surprised...??? no, not a bit...!:)

Cheers
George

OKLAHOMAN

Here are three blanks that I don't think anyone ever though of, can anyone guess....Curtis is banned.....from guessing as he stablized these, over and over and over:biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:
IMG_2664.jpg

clapiana

Roger I cast cones with pressure but I think if you really soak them and turn them over and over ensuring coverage it should work. Fyi I do grind the cones square so they fit in a mold nicely

I will guess on those three blanks.....is it produced from a cow?

BlackPearl

All this talk of Cow material. I have a desire to do one for the Male of the species to give to my boss, for when he says No Bull S I can say yep is is, or keep it myself as a "throw down" token at team meetings.

Top Bottom