Beall Pen Wizard and Rope Bit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marco

Hi Penturners, first let me introduce myself, I should done it a long time ago but I'm a bit shy. My name is Marc and I live in Belgium (small country, in Europe), and I love penturning ! May I wish everyone of you and their families a very happy 2012 and all the good things and health

I recently bought the Pen Wizard (new model, last year for my X-Mas) and a couple of bits, including a rope bit, all from the Beall Tool Co.

After looking at the DVD that came with the Pen Wizard and the Tip and Tricks movies on Ed's (Yoyospin) site, I can make decent spiral cuts etc.

One thing however I have tried was making a rope twist with the rope bit, but I'm not sure I'm doing things right. I thought it would be better to get some advice first, before breaking anything.

I have searched the IAP forum, the Internet, but I still can't get the information I need.
For making a successful rope twist J.R Beall advices to use a certain gear train setup, which I did.
But how many passes (on what I found on the IAP forum it briefly states 4) are needed and to what depth does the bit need to go in order to make a fine rope, with the Beall Tool Co rope bit.
After the rope has been milled does one need to sand by hand in order to get the correct shape.

I'm asking allot of question but I hope you can help me out.
Best regards, Marc.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom