BCB bushing inquiry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

Good afternoon,

Besides Roy, Constants and Johnny [very small amount now ] are there any other people who make BCB bushing that they sell ?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

No. Not that I'm aware of commercially.

I think you could probably find someone here or elsewhere to make you some to order, but nobody else markets them that I've seen.

Rockytime

I prefer to purchase bushings. Bushings are not difficult to make with a metal lathe tho it does take some time so if your time is only worth five bucks you can make them. Or if there is a machining club or someone in your area who does this for a hobby I'm sure they would be willing to make a couple of bushings for cheap or free. I make them when I don't want to wait for shipping or delivery. I also will make them if there are no bushings available. Mine will often be more accurate than those from the big suppliers. I make mine for a nice slip fit in the tube. I just make mine from 12L14 so they are not hardened but they work. Funny thing. I made these bushings for a PSI Gatsby. There were no Gatsby dimensions in the charts in the library. Fortunately, the included directions with the kit gave the bushing dimensions. I used the measurements given and then found out the bushings were ever so slightly undersize. There is a slight movement in the tube. It will work but I should have used the tube to check the fit rather than a micrometer.

Attachments

• 1-pic10-04-201416-12-54.jpg
    1-pic10-04-201416-12-54.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 95

nava1uni

Between the center bushings are used without a mandrel. the bushings have a 60 degree indentation and you use a dead center in the head stock and a tail stock with a rotating 60 degree live center. No flexing of mandrel and thus no out of round.

Rockytime

Oooo, my bad! The subject is TBC. I saw BCB and answered before my brain was in gear.

So sorry.

Stuip question, but I have to ask. What is the difference?

No difference. I am so conditioned to seeing TBC that my brain did not register that BCB was the same thing. Hence, the need for me to think a little before I open my mouth.

Not a stupid question.

Top Bottom