Baseball Bat Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeatact

Some time ago I tried to find kits for doing baseball bats but none were availble so I am working on doing one myself from what I can find. Here is the first attempt. I already have determined the next improvemnet.

Joe

20059624711_bat1.jpg

20059624837_bat2.jpg

20059625010_bat3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Joe,
Great idea using the CSUSA pocket pen kit. A really great idea!
I've made lots of the closed end baseball bat pens and was really dowm in the dumps when I tried to order more this summer only to find out my best seller is now out of production. I only wish I had thought of using this kit. You are such a clever person to think of that. I was just looking at the pocket pen kit for a customer this week. It never crossed my mind. Congratulations on a great "save".
do a good turn daily!
Don

joeatact

I am using the CSUSA pocket pen kit. I am using white ash since bats are made out of it. My next improvement is to make the handle end longer so as to fit the writing end so you dont have to turn the it around. Need a source or idea for the spring which holds the writing nib tight. Don't want to have to use two kits! Any ideas?

Joe

wayneis

Joe,
You beat me to it LOL, I was planning on gluing the handle to the short end of the pen that way you only need the one spring and it unscrews from the other end you can still put in refils. Nice job, now I can get out of the thinking mode.

Wayne

JimGo

Joe, that's a great idea! When you make the handle longer, will you also be making the overall pen longer? One of the cool things about this set-up is that your CB is basically where the grip would end on a traditional baseball bat.

mick

Joe, could a comfort grip be used on the cap to mimic a tape wrapped grip? If it could that would really be realistic!

joeatact

Mick,

" Joe, could a comfort grip be used on the cap to mimic a tape wrapped grip? If it could that would really be realistic!"
well I don't know if there is one that fits on a 7mm tube, but It would look great.

Joe

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Grip? Tape? You guys must be thinking of aluminum bats. Neither of those has been allowed on wooden bats in years and years. [:D]

clem

Joe i've been making baseball pens and pencils for a couple of years
what i do is get a longer tube equel to the ring and the upper section that way NO ring
yes i know that means buying extra tubes clem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom