Baseball Bat Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Craft Supplies in the UK has them. Woodchuckers.com in Canada also carries them, but he's basically out for now (just spoke with him earlier this week).

Fred in NC

I have seen baseball bat pens made with the slimline kit. I just don't remember where right now.

All you need is the tubes, transmission and tip.

vick

not an expert at this but realy quick explanation for slim line baseball bat pen. Make the lower barrel (writting end the handle) you would turn this like you normally would except for the design. Turn the upper barrel like a solid body I personally have a mandrel that where Knurled nut usually goes on filed an x into the end of it to give me 4 point at the end to help turn the solid bodies. Place body on mandrel bring tail stock up tight so that mandrel turns the body and turn away. The only problem will be getting the upper and lower barrels the same size where they meet. I usually use callipers. Hope this helps.

dubdrvrkev

In my album is one of the ones I have made.
I used a S/L kit and just turn them as one piece (no center bushing). I just turn the handle down to normal s/l diameter and go up from there.
EDIT
I guess I could expand that a bit. I prepared my blanks as any slimline, but when I turned them I used no center bushing. After turning and sanding I replaced the center bushing before finishing as to not glue the blanks together. Then just assemble without a CB. It could easily be modified to turn close ended which may help the scale a little because you could lengthen the bat. But I'm lazy.
tn_Hickory%20bat%20pen%20003%20crop.jpg

its_virgil

Here's one I do with a slimline kit. Use the clip and finial or leave it off. I have some pictures of the closed end baseball bat pens in mu photo album here or at http://www.tinyurl.com
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Would anyone be interested in a group buy of the closed end baseball bat pens? Woodchuckers is out but I usually buy straight from England. Takes a week to get them here. They have a 50pk which may save some money. I'll post a message in the group buy forum.

200571622417_bat%20slimline1.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom