Baseball Bat Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Originally posted by Fleabit
<br />Their latest catalog has them on page 24 item L. Here is the number: #PKMX4

Item "L" is actually stock number PKMX3 and is a ball clip. The only "bat" clip is advertised for the slimline......item "E" on page 22. They are only 3 bucks for a package of 5.....I'd buy a pack and see if you can modify them to work on your designer pen.

Fred in NC

I am not sure if I can explain this in words, and I am not going to make a pen like this right now. But there is a solution, actually, two versions of a solution to use a slimline batclip. (mmm.. who was it who would have used a batclip?).

1. Using the designer kit. Replace the finial and clip with a slimline finial and the baseball clip.

2. Using a slimline kit. They sell designer centerbans separately. Get one, plus the slimline kit and batclip. Use slimline bushings at the ends, and designer bushings between the barrels.

I figured this out 2 yrs ago, by sheer UNLUCK.

Fleabit

Originally posted by Randy.
<br />
Originally posted by Fleabit
<br />Their latest catalog has them on page 24 item L. Here is the number: #PKMX4

Item "L" is actually stock number PKMX3 and is a ball clip. The only "bat" clip is advertised for the slimline......item "E" on page 22. They are only 3 bucks for a package of 5.....I'd buy a pack and see if you can modify them to work on your designer pen.
OK, so I don't read real well:( sorry.

dougle40

Gary ,
This is what Fred was talking about , slimline pen kit with a Mont Blanc center band .

11843750_Dymondwood%20Slim%20Line%20Pen%20001-1-sm.jpg
<br />

Fred in NC

Doug, and a very nice pen too!

Sometimes I have to bend the clip a bit at the top to make it work with thicker pens. I have a set of rubber jaws for my vise. I wrap the long part of the clip in kleenex, and clap it with about 1/4" protuding. Then I use a pair of long nose pliers with masking tape around the tips to form the clip to the proper shape.

woodscavenger

The part I like about seeing this is helping me to see outside of the box....or inside the burl....and get creative with the pen kits by interchanging parts and pieces. Thanks for the info.......now if I could only get a nice reference to show me all of the pen kits of all manufacturers with the drill bit (including conversion for the "alphabet bits"), the bushing part number and its O.D. so I can see which are interchangeable.

Fred in NC

Garry, there is still ANOTHER way to put a slimline clip on a designer pen, but will involve more work. It needs a precision recess cut in the top of the barrel, so the clip's ring is hidden from view.

Let me know, and I will be glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom